Custom Home Mapper (Oculus Quest)
A downloadable VR App Collection
Beta v3.2, updated April 13th. - Support for "AR mode" hack (passthrough view during setup!)
Replace the Oculus Guardian with a flexible alternative, and map out your entire home as a giant VR playspace.
Step 1 - Trace the exterior perimeter of the space you want to play in. Every closet, bedroom, bathroom or kitchen can become part of your play area, but it is recommended to start with a single room setup. Once you are familiar with the tools, go ahead and connect as many rooms as you want!
Step 2 - Mark out individual large objects. Couches, beds and desks can easily be hidden behind a barrier cube with three simple clicks.
Step 3 - Set an Anchor; a real world position in your home that you will use to easily re-align the playspace each time you restart the app. The program will remember your custom setup, game high scores, and detailed apartment creations... so you'll only need to do this setup stage once.
CUSTOM HOME CREATION
With the basic geometry of our home mapped and aligned, its time to start adding objects, customizing our walls and making our own unique VR environment.
100 prefab objects - from laptops and desk lamps to microwaves and the kitchen sink, most common household objects are ready to drag and drop into the world
20 Skybox environments - from undersea to outer space, create your home in whatever part of the universe you want.
Editing / Deleting and resizing tools - you can design your world to be as close to a match to your real home as possible (or as different as possible, the choice is yours)
In an instant, your virtual home transforms into a spaceship, or a minigolf course, or a castletop archery challenge. Your home is the playspace, and the games are designed to encourage movement and activity in different spaces of your home.
Each game has different PVP and Co-op Multiplayer modes, and many of the games are setup for Shared-Space/Co-Location (two Quests in the same home layout)
Current Version includes the following games More games will be added in future updates
Zero gravity disc golf variation with obstacles and goals that spawn in different rooms. (SINGLEPLAYER, COOP, SHAREDSPACE)
Your castle is surrounded and the enemies have broken down the gate. A VR archery tower defense game. (SINGLEPLAYER, PVP, COOP, SHAREDSPACE)
Tactical cover shooter set in space. Manage your ship engine levels and fend off enemy spaceships while you try to make your getaway. (SINGLEPLAYER)
-=classic shoot-em-up action with a miniature spaceship attached to your hand. (SINGLEPLAYER, PVP, COOP, SHAREDSPACE)
-=Minigolf, but it's your home. (SINGLEPLAYER)
TURF WAR FIGHTER
-=Doll-house size 1970's themed beat-em-up. (SINGLEPLAYER)
I AM HIGHLY EXPLOSIVE
-=Move from one area to another in your home while avoiding collisions with other objects (and yourself!) (SINGLEPLAYER)
-=a variation on the classic snake game, but played in a 3d space. (SINGLEPLAYER, PVP, COOP, SHAREDSPACE)
* Program is in BETA, updates are frequent, bugs are plentiful.
* New Users should read the SETUP AND DOCUMENTATION guide. You need to let your Quest see/ move around in the different rooms to build a larger tracking profile before you launch the app, otherwise you'll encounter positional problems during setup. The documentation also describes how to setup the experimental "AR mode", so you can see the passthrough camera view at the same time as you run through the mapping process, making setup MUCH easier.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any and all support requests. I really, really want to help you experience this new style of multi-roomscale VR! I usually respond to emails right away (9-5PST) and am happy to arrange an in-app visit, either to your home, so I can help with some problems you might be having, or to my virtual apartment, where I'm happy to discuss the program over a cup of tea :) Thanks for supporting this project!
In order to download this VR App Collection you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $7.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- Teaser - Mech RTS prototype coming soon...7 hours ago
- How-to: Enable passthrough view during mapping setup23 days ago
- Documentation : CHM User Guide50 days ago
- CHM Visitor - a free companion app so you can invite your friends over to visitJan 16, 2021
- MULTIPLAYER - Test release now availableJan 14, 2021
- Multiplayer - Where I'm at right now...Jan 12, 2021
- MULTIPLAYER testing will begin this weekJan 04, 2021
- v2.3 - Snow Elevator, Balloon Ride and CLIMBING COURSE!Nov 26, 2020